Graduate Students applying for 2020
Thank you for your interest in the MARS group! Please read the following carefully:
- If you are interested in potentially joining the MARS group as a master or PhD student, please send me an email! It shows your interest and I will be much more likely to offer you an online interview! Email: email@example.com
- Please do not contact me via wechat - I prefer to handle everything via email (to keep a record and to search more easily!). Wechat is for the actualy interviews only.
- Do NOT use @qq.com email service - I receive too much spam from there - I thus delete all @qq.com emails automatically!
- When you send me an email, please include your CV in English, include your name in Chinese and Pinyin, and write about your interests.
- I am mainly interested in Computer Science students, but am also considering excellent candidates from related areas, like Automation, Math, Control, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, if they show proficiency in programming and/ or experience in Robotics.
- If you are unsure about etiquette, please read this: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/address_your_prof
- I am on travel in July and August. If you are in Shanghai, please meet with my student Yijun Yuan 元祎君 (firstname.lastname@example.org) - he will interview you.
- Please take a look at our lab and research:
- Take a look at our cool robots: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/research
- See our publications: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/publications
- Take a look at the news: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/news
- See our students: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/people
- See Prof. Schwertfeger's page: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/people/soeren and CV
- Take a look at the ShanghaiTech Robotics and Automation Research Center (STAR Center): https://star-center.shanghaitech.edu.cn/
- Read about the Prof. Schwertfeger, his lab and ShanghaiTech in Nature and the New York Times (Chinese PDF)
- Video from 2018, advertising the group: https://star-center.shanghaitech.edu.cn/seafile/f/7475d8d97ad14b4fa6e4/
- RoboCup German Open 2019 video: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/sites/default/files/MARS_Rescue_2019_GO.mp4
- ShanghaiTech Advertisement Video 2018: https://star-center.shanghaitech.edu.cn/seafile/f/d33d4d4bbf0049249890/
What does the MARS Lab at ShanghenvironmentaiTech University offer you?
- An excellent research environment with the latest technology and fun group members.
- Supervision in English by German Professor Sören Schwertfeger, collaboration with excellent Professors from the ShanghaiTech School of Information Science and Technology.
- Work on cutting-edge research, publish scientific papers at international conference and journals.
- As a student, travel to international and national conferences and competitions, for example: Seattle 2017, Singapore 2019, Germany 2019, Sydney (July 2019), Irkutsk (August 2019), Taipei (December 2019), Germany (September 2019), Brazil (Dec 2019), ...
- Opportunity for international research visits over several month: for example: Qingwen: Jacobs University, Germany 2018; Jiawei, Oerebro University, Sweden 2018; Yijun University of Würzburg, Germany October 2019
- Excellent opportunities after graduation: Master Students Yu Tianyan and Zhi Xiangyang have great jobs. 2019 bachelor graduates Jianxiong Cai will study Robotics to University of Pennsylvania, Song Bai will study at UC Riverside, Ruijian Li will work at the ShangahiTech startup Dgene, Xiting Zhao will continue his studies at the MARS lab. Shan Zheyong will work in an autonomous driving startup.
- The School of Information Science and Technology (SIST) hosts several seminar talks per week, from renowned international scientists, reporting on cutting-edge research.
- Our Professors offer excellent courses!
Please feel free to write me an email if you have a question about my lab, the STAR Center, SIST or ShanghaiTech - I am happy to answer you.