Graduate Students applying for the MARS Lab
Thank you for your interest in the Mobile Autonomous Robotic Systems group! Please read the following carefully:
- If you are interested in potentially joining my group as a master or PhD student, please send me an email! It shows your interest and I will be much more likely to offer you an online interview! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not contact me via wechat - I prefer to handle everything via email (to keep a record and to search more easily!). Wechat is for the actual interviews only.
- When you send me an email, please include your CV in English, include your name in Chinese and Pinyin, and write about your interests.
- I am mainly interested in Computer Science students, but am also considering excellent candidates from related areas, like Automation, Math, Control, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, if they show proficiency in programming and/ or experience in Robotics.
- If you are unsure about etiquette, please read this: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/address_your_prof
- Please take a look at our lab and research:
- MARS advertising video (from 2020): https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/static/videos/MARS_Ad_2020_small.mp4
- Take a look at our cool robots: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/research
- See our publications: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/publications
- Take a look at the news: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/news
- See our students: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/people
- See Prof. Schwertfeger's page: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/people/soeren and CV
- Take a look at the ShanghaiTech Robotics and Automation Research Center (STAR Center): https://star-center.shanghaitech.edu.cn/
- Read about the Prof. Schwertfeger, his lab and ShanghaiTech in Nature and the New York Times (Chinese PDF)
- RoboCup German Open 2019 video: https://robotics.shanghaitech.edu.cn/sites/default/files/MARS_Rescue_2019_GO.mp4
- ShanghaiTech Advertisement Video 2018: https://star-center.shanghaitech.edu.cn/seafile/f/d33d4d4bbf0049249890/
What does the Mobile Autonomous Robotic Systems Lab at ShanghaiTech University offer you?
- An excellent research environment with the latest technology and fun group members.
- Supervision in English by German Professor Sören Schwertfeger, collaboration with excellent Professors from the ShanghaiTech School of Information Science and Technology.
- Work on cutting-edge research, publish scientific papers at international conference and journals.
- As a student, travel to international and national conferences and competitions, for example: Seattle 2017, Singapore 2019, Germany 2019, Sydney (July 2019), Irkutsk (August 2019), Taipei (December 2019), Germany (September 2019), Brazil (Dec 2019), ...
- Opportunity for international research visits over several month: for example: Qingwen: Jacobs University, Germany 2018; Jiawei, Oerebro University, Sweden 2018; Yijun University of Würzburg, Germany October 2019
- Excellent opportunities after graduation: 2 of my master students continue their studies as PhD students in German Universities. My PhD student is doing a PostDoc at Tongji. Other master students work in big robotics and AI companies. See the alumni page.
- The School of Information Science and Technology (SIST) hosts several seminar talks per week, from renowned international scientists, reporting on cutting-edge research.
- Our Professors offer excellent courses!
Please feel free to write me an email if you have a question about my lab, the STAR Center, SIST or ShanghaiTech - I am happy to answer you.